For a facelift without surgery on the face or body, aesthetic medicine offers various medical lifting techniques, including resorbable threads. This thread lifting or thread lift will rejuvenate the skin, pulling it back under tension without surgery or anesthesia.
Causes: definition of sagging skin
The aging of the dermis located under the epidermis results in a decrease of its hyaluronic acid and its fibers. The skin loses its bio-mechanical properties.
The decrease in collagen fibers makes the skin less firm and less toned.
Fatty tissue or muscle, normally supported by the skin envelope, will weigh on it due to gravity.
The skin envelope will slacken and the tissues will sag.
They cannot return to their original state, because the skin also loses its elasticity through simultaneous damage to the elastin fibers.
- On the face, the sagging of the skin leads to the sagging of the structures of the facial oval, which turns into an upside-down V.
- On the arms or the neck, unsightly folds appear, the dewlaps.
Two factors will accentuate this decrease in volumes:
- Structural melting encountered in a diet or pregnancy, if the skin has not regained its natural elasticity and is in excess;
- Fatty rolls that increase tension due to gravity.
What are threads-lift?
Placed under the skin, the thread replaces the firming and tension of the collagen fibers, repositioning sagging volumes in their place.
There are two types of threads, permanent non-absorbable threads (like old gold threads), and resorbable threads, which are gradually metabolized.
Irresorbable threads provide a very long effect (sometimes up to 10 years) but with a higher risk of intolerance. On the other hand, absorbable threads seek a natural regeneration reaction of the skin, for a perfectly natural result.
There are different types of absorbable threads:
- Depending on their structure, there is the notched thread, the thread with resorbable "cones" or the smooth thread type V-Lift Meso.
- Depending on their composition, there are polydioxanone (PDO), polylactic acid (PLA) or caprolactone (CPL) yarns. This absorbable thread is identical to the surgical threads that have been used for years to suture muscles or vessels.
The action of absorbable threads combines two processes that follow and complement each other.
- Mechanical effect: it is an immediate action on the tension, by simply pulling the thread under the skin and knotting it; the notched or conical thread anchors the thread and distributes the tension well.
- Inductive effect: the threads are resorbed with an inflammatory process that activates stem cells by following the threads' mesh. Young fibroblasts will use them as "guides" to rebuild elastin and collagen fibers for a rejuvenated skin. This is the power of the absorbable thread because this dermal rejuveation is natural, which is reflected in the final result, with a tension that lasts once the threads have been resorbed.
Soft facelift can replace a surgical facelift, if the skin is still healthy, with a clear sagging of the skin.
Thread lifting for the face, neck and décolleté
- Threads lift indication for the face
- Treatment of the nasolabial fold or bitterness fold
- Treatment of barcode wrinkles (lips) or eyelid wrinkles.
- Treatment of wrinkled neckline
- Correction of a sagging facial oval or neck dewlap, by adjusting the volumes (cheekbones, tail of the eyebrow, jowls...).
- Face threads lift
Body lifting with threads
- Body areas treated by threads lift arm, on the inside
- Knee or thigh bend, on the inner side
Absorbable threads lift for the body: V-Lift premium (fil cranté)
Follow a medical facelift with threads-lift
The procedure lasts from 30 to 90 minutes without hospitalization and without general anesthesia. Your doctor performs the procedure in a sterilized block at the Clinique des Champs Elysées New York.
He will perform a local anesthesia to insert and remove the threads under the skin:
- An entry point and an exit point for a notched thread.
- One input only for one meso thread
- One inlet and two outlets for a bi-directional cone thread
The whole skill of a successful thread lift is to respect the lines of tension in the face, and to provide enough traction while maintaining a natural look.
Results of thread lifting or lifting with threads
The result is immediately noticeable by the pulling action on the skin.
The oedemas alter it during the first days and it is more significant around the fifteenth day.
However, the optimal result requires a wait of about 3 months, which is the time of a dermal regeneration. The fibroblasts produce a new hyaluronic acid, resulting in a moisturized, smooth, rejuvenated face with a radiant and rested complexion!
A thread lift lasts from 18 to 24 months. It is then possible to start again, or to supplement with other medical lifting solutions without surgery.
NEW CLIENT ?
Don't miss your chance to get your
FREE CONSULTATION + GET 20% OFF your first service