Legs burdened by fat deposits are always an inconvenience when we have to put on a swimsuit at the beach or shorts at the gym. Shame or embarrassment are sometimes so much that skirts or shorts are then thrown into the back of the closet. We know that slimming down legs or losing thighs to reshape the silhouette remains difficult, even with a healthy lifestyle. It is often discouraging. Fortunately, aesthetic medicine has simple solutions to allow you to regain thin thighs and slim legs. Discover how to lose leg cellulite with Cellfina ® or slim calves by Coolsculpting ®.
The causes: why do legs get fat?
The appearance of fat bulges on the legs can appear at any age, often with a cumulative effect. Genetic, hormonal, individual and dietary factors contribute to it.
In women, the gynoid distribution of adipocytes means that their number is greater on the lower parts of the body, such as the hips, buttocks or legs.
In men, the android distribution favours fat deposits on the upper body, but the legs may also become heavier.
Fat accumulation takes place in specialized cells with a slower metabolism, the adipocytes.
It is a long-term reserve, which explains why it is difficult to lose weight, especially in a given area. While the number of adipocytes is fixed from adulthood, each cell can multiply its volume by 50: this is what gives fat bulges.
These adipocytes can be organized into fat bulges (hypertrophied cells) or cellulite, also known as lipodystrophy (fatty hypertrophy of the cells and water retention outside the cells).
Because of hormonal causes, cellulite of the thighs or legs appears more often in women than in men, with 3 degrees of severity: aqueous cellulite where edema predominates; fat cellulite where excess fat predominates; fibrous cellulite where fat bulges are imprisoned by fibrous septa putting the fat under tension.
The indications: who can slim down his legs without surgery?
As an addition to the saddlebags, slimming legs can affect several areas: thighs, knees, calves and sometimes the feet. Let us recall that anatomically, the legs refer to the calves, but in the popular meaning, it is the part going from the hips to the feet.
Before slimming down your legs, your esthetic specialist at the Clinique des Champs Elysées must make a diagnosis.
Indeed, other conditions can affect the leg, without necessarily having excess fat deposits.
Your slimming specialist will specifically examine your legs on three aspects:
- Check that the heaviness comes from excess fat, and not for example from edema, heavy legs or venous insufficiency.
- Determine the type of fatty tissue, if there is cellulite or not, bearing in mind that fibrous cellulite requires specific treatment.
- Check the health of your skin (tone, elasticity, firmness) to see whether your skin will be able to remodel spontaneously after thinning the area. On significant excess fat or skin, surgery is sometimes the only solution (liposuction and thigh lift).
Effective solutions for heavy legs
The technical platform of the Clinique des Champs-Elysées is very comprehensive, with the most effective devices to slim down legs easily :
- To correct moderate excess fat or edematous cellulite, your aesthetic doctor can use very gentle techniques such as IPL lamp or draining mesotherapy.
- To eliminate localized excess lipid associated with quality skin, he uses cryolipolysis, which destroys 25 to 30% of the leg fat on the treated area in one session.
- To lose leg fat on altered skin, lipolysis and dermal remodeling can be combined with a controlled heat source (electromagnetic waves, radiofrequency, focused ultrasound). These high-energy waves can work on adipose cellulite, combining leg thinning and orange peel skin lift.
- For fibrous cellulite, your practitioner will specifically target the fibrous walls of the bulges with the anti-cellulite innovation Cellfina ®, to regain a thin, slim and shapely leg.
NEW CLIENT ?
Don't miss your chance to get your
FREE CONSULTATION + GET 20% OFF your first service