Acne is a skin disease that strongly affects the lives of many teenagers, and also many adults. It is true that it deeply alters the beauty of a skin and face, sometimes with long-term consequences. Aesthetic medicine offers various solutions, only with safe products. Acne peeling is intended to treat either the causes of recent acne or the consequences of older acne, with the goal of recovering healthy, pimple-free, radiant skin.
The causes: how do acne lesions develop?
Acne is a dermatological condition that starts with an increased secretion of sebum by the sebaceous glands. Their channels will thus become obstructed and promote inflammation, particularly on the face (forehead and nose mainly) or upper back.
The sexual hormones contribute to this hyper-seborrhea, hence its increased occurrence during puberty or menopause: acne thus affects to varying degrees 41% of women.
Acne pimples form according to a well-defined process:
- The seborrheic skin: it is an oily and shiny skin, following the increased production of sebum by the seborrheic glands.
- The whiteheads : they are formed by accumulation of sebum on the sebaceous canal, thus obstructed.
- The blackheads: the accumulation of impurities and the oxidation of the sebaceous lipids cause these blackheads, which give a dull and irregular skin texture.
- The acne pimple: the inflammation of the obstructed canal causes a red, sometimes painful pimple.
- The folliculitis: the bacterial infection with pus pimples (pustule) comes from the proliferation of parasites and anaerobic germs (Demodex and Cutibacterium acnes).
- The acne scar: it will be more or less marked depending on the inflammation and the puncture of the pustule. The atrophic scar is the most noticeable stigma on the facial skin.
The principle: how does a peel treat acne lesions?
The medium peel targets the entire epidermis up to the top of the superficial dermis, to allow renewal of both layers. It offers a dermal reshaping to hide a pigmented or atrophic scar.
The superficial peel only affects the first epithelial layers of the epidermis. It eliminates the surface skin lipidic film and homogenizes the skin texture.
This superficial peeling :
- Treats the cause of acne by eliminating excess sebum.
- Dissolves and clears blackheads, treating dilated pores.
- Regulates the bacterial ecosystem, by partially destroying it to reduce the risks of suppurated folliculitis.
Indications: why choose an acne peel?
There are mainly two indications.
Treating recent acne by peeling
A superficial peel can be used to treat microcystic or comedonal retentional acne. Dilated pores and blackheads are thus corrected: the skin is homogenized and lightened.
For this superficial acne peel, your practitioner at the Clinique des Champs-Elysées will recommend a keratolytic compound such as salicylic acid.
On the other hand, an acne peel is often not recommended in the infectious phase in the presence of pus.
Treating recent acne by peeling
A medium peel (TCA peel) corrects atrophic scarring acne with or without hyper-pigmentation. If necessary, the concentration can be occasionally increased by up to 20 or 30%.
The peel will eliminate the scar and the dermis will regenerate into healthy, supple and smooth tissue.
The procedure of the anti-acne peel
The general procedure is the same as any peeling sessions.
The preparation at home is done if possible during 3 weeks with a keratolytic exfoliant. It should optimize the penetration of the acid.
A full procedure generally requires 4 to 6 appointments spaced 2 to 4 weeks apart. A session lasts approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
The peeling treatment can be performed on its own, or sometimes with a light therapy treatment (medical LED). Blue LEDs provide anti-bacterial action, while yellow-orange LEDs soothe inflammatory signs.
After an acne peel, it is necessary to apply restorative care and sun protection. Products that are too oily should be avoided, so as to avoid unnecessarily clogging the pores.
The results of the peel, a healthy skin without acne
A TCA peel generates epidermal desquamation for a good week, unlike a superficial peel. The acne peel gives very good results with a less oily, healthier, softer skin, without blackheads or pimples.
The complexion is brighter and more radiant allowing you to lose the hang-ups associated with a skin full of acne pimples.
NEW CLIENT ?
Don't miss your chance to get your
FREE CONSULTATION + GET 20% OFF your first service